One benefit to having a Nana that's a reading teacher is that the boys get to borrow books from her school collection, so they don't get bored reading the same books all the time. Since we went to the Fire Prevention Parade on Tuesday, Nana brought Brady and Ian some books about firefighters. They read the books at her house on Wednesday afternoon then we brought them home and read them again at bedtime.
One book had dalmatians as the firefighters, so it was right up the boys' alley. When I got to this page, Ian pointed to the brown dog standing on the street. Here's how our conversation went:
Ian: What that dog saying?
Me: It looks like he's saying, "Please put out the fire!"
Ian: No. He saying, "Get my baby out that burning building."
Wow. I sat there wondering where in the world he got that idea, then I turned the page and here's what I saw:
Again, wow.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
All I can say is... wow.
Posted by Amy at 7:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment