Friday, September 4, 2009

(Small) milestones

Over the course of the last two weeks, we hit two small milestones. First, we converted the boys' beds from their cribs into toddler beds. I'm still amazed that they stayed in their cribs for so long. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that they share a room. They wake up in the mornings and talk to each other and giggle. One morning they both climbed out of their cribs, opened their bedroom door, and walked into our bedroom - at this point we knew it was time for the transition. (We also promptly invested in a safety device for the doorknob so they can't get out of their room!)

Brady and Ian are so proud of their "big boy beds" and love the freedom of getting in and out of them without any help. A lot of the time, they put their legs through the slats and pretend they're driving a school bus or a fire truck. Now, they wake up in the mornings and read books or play with toys. From the first day, they've done very well with staying in their beds and going to sleep when it's time for sleep. We are very thankful for this!

Ian still sucks on a stuffed animal at naptime and nighttime, and he also wants an animal on top of his head while he sleeps.
Brady still sucks his thumb at bedtime.The second milestone was learning how to pedal and steer their tricycles all by themselves! Now they zip around all over the place!


Here's a video of them in action:

1 comments:

Jamison Family said...

That's great about the big boy beds! I hope it continues to be a smooth transition and I know what you mean about keeping them in their rooms. I am still afraid Andrew will figure out how to get out and not know where he is in the middle of the night.