Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First trip to the ER

Hopefully this will be our last trip to the ER, but with two active little boys, I'm not so sure. Friday morning, the boys were playing in their room while Jeremy and I got ready for work. When I checked on them, they had pulled all the blankets out of their drawer and all the stuffed animals out of their beds. They were lying in the floor with the blankets and animals and told me they were going to sleep. I went back in the bathroom and about a minute later heard a horrible crash. Ian had climbed his dresser and the whole thing fell over.

We are so fortunate that the dresser did not fall on the boys. Both boys were scared more than anything, but Ian did have a small cut on his scalp. Even though the tears and the bleeding stopped within a few minutes, we decided that Jeremy would take Ian to the ER just to make sure everything was OK. Ian wound up getting one staple in his head. He has always been a tough little boy and he really was a trooper. This didn't slow him down one bit - he has been smiling and active, as always, since he got home from the ER.

Here's a picture of his staple (under my thumb, to the left of his part as you're looking at the picture):
Needless to say, the dresser has been securely mounted to the wall and there's no way it can fall over again!

0 comments: